The 3M MicroTouch System SCT7650EX is a surface capacitive touch system and is an ideal solution for rugged self-service kiosks and ATM applications – environments where impact strength, shatter resistance, superior surface wear, and viewer privacy are a requirement.
As 3M's most rugged touch product, its construction combines a 3M surface capacitive touch sensor with 4mm backer glass with optically-clear lamination. This glass-on-glass laminated construction makes it an ideal touch solution for unsupervised, vandal-prone environments.
- Input Method: Finger input
- Accuracy*: Reported touch coordinates are within 1.0% of true position (based on viewing area dimensions) when linearized and used with a MicroTouch™ EX II Series touch controller
- Touch System Resolution: Touch screen resolution defaults to settings in the electronics and software, generally 1024 x 1024, but capable of 16K x16K when used with EX II.
- Linearization: Factory-linearized values are stored in the attached controller.
- Impact Resistance: Passes the UL-60950-1
- Light Transmission**: 86.5 % (±1.5%) light transmission (tested on the BYK Gardner Haze Gard Plus)
- Surface Finish: ClearTek™ II hard coat with optimal anti-glare properties. Scratch resistant top coat provides smooth, easy glide, easy to clean touch surface
- Meets UL 60950 safety standards (impact breakage)
- IP66 / NEMA 4 sealable against liquids and other contaminants
- 8mm thickness
- Wide range of operating (-15°C to +70°C) and storage (-50ºC to + 80ºC) temperatures
Optics and Viewer Privacy:
- Standard sizes: 10.4", 12.1", 15", 17" and 19"
- View-privacy standard sizes: 10.4", 12.1", 15", and 17"
- Custom sizes for wide-aspect ratios and up to 32"
- Surface Obstructions: The touch screen continues to operate with surface contaminants such as, dirt, dust and grease.
- Chemical Resistance: ClearTek™ II is highly resistant to corrosives, in accordance with ASTM-D-1308-07 (1993) and ASTM - F- 1598-95.
- Liquid Resistance: Liquids on screen do not impede touch screen performance.
- Operating Temperature*: -15° C to 70° C for the touch screen.
- Storage Temperature: Always store the touch screen in its original shipping container between -50° C and 85° C (up to 90% RH from 0° C to + 35° C). Never store the touch screen in an environment where condensation may form.
- Humidity: Up to 90% RH from 0° C to +35° C, non-condensing.
- RoHS Compliance: ToughTouch II is compliant with the European Union 2002/95/EC Directive on Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
- Warranty: 5 years
* Achievement of the listed specifications has been demonstrated in monitor integrations where the touch screen is mounted to monitor frame such that the spacing between the touch screen and monitor screen does not vary due to compression on expansion from touch forces or temperature changes.
** Test uses BYK Gardner Haze Gard Plus.