Elo Projected Capacitive Technology
Projected capacitive technology enables touches to be sensed through a protective layer in front of a display, allowing touchmonitors to be installed behind store windows or vandal-resistant glass. DirectTouch consists of a 7.8 mm sensor with tempered glass outer layer, and ThruTouch works through a customer-installed outer layer. The complete system resists impacts, scratches, and vandalism and is also unaffected by moisture, heat, rain, snow and ice, or harsh cleaning fluids, making it ideal for outdoor applications. The solid-state touchscreen and controller provide increased levels of reliability and longer life expectancy, resulting in a drift-free response and a low-maintenance unit that requires no recalibration.
Projected Capacitive Benefits
- Works outdoors-in rain, snow, ice, and dust
- Touch function operates through customer-installed materials, including vandal-resistant glass up to 18 mm thick
- True flat front surface possible with no bezel
- Works with gloves
- Works even if glass is scratched or broken
Projected Capacitive Applications
- Outdoor kiosks
- Ticketing machines
- Web phones
- Pay-at-the pump gas machines
- Through-glass, under-counter, and bartop applications
Projected Capacitive Touchmonitors
Elo offers complete monitors integrated with Projected Capacitive technology. See the 1547L 15" LCD Rear-Mount Touchmonitor (3000 Series) and the 1747L 17" LCD Rear/Panel-Mount Touchmonitor (3000 Series).