|The TouchWindow® must be calibrated before use for accurate performance. It can be calibrated using the included stylus, the non-metallic end of a pen, a finger, or any non-metallic object that allows quick and accurate touches to be made on the screen. Consult the remainder of this note for instructions that describe how to calibrate the TouchWindow®.
Mac OS® X users refer to the Calibration Mac OS® X section BELOW. For all other versions of Mac® continue with the steps presented below.
Calibration for Mac® OS X Users
- Click the Apple menu, select Control Panels and choose TSHARCUSBCAL 1.05.
- Select the desired calibration mode. The 3-point mode calibrates the TouchWindow® when the screen is touched at three various points to align the TouchWindow®. The 7-point mode calibrates the TouchWindow® when the screen is touched at seven various points to align the TouchWindow®.
NOTE: Using the 7-point mode will result in a more accurate calibration.
- Click Calibrate.
- Follow the onscreen prompts to complete the calibration.
- When the calibration is complete, click the Test tab to test the calibration.
- Click the Draw button.
- Click and drag on the TouchWindow® to draw in the work area. (If the cursor does not appear where the screen is touched, perform the calibration again.)
- Once the calibration process is complete, close the TSHARC-USB Calibration window.
- From the Apple menu select System Preferences.
- Click TSharc Calibration alias located under System.
- Click the Calibrate button located in the center of the screen.
- Using the included stylus, the non-metallic end of a pen, a finger, or any non-metallic object, press and hold the area on the TouchWindow corresponding to the spinning wheel. The spinning wheel will shrink.
NOTE: If the spinning wheel does not shrink, the calibration will not continue. Ensure that you are holding the stylus, pen, or finger on the TouchWindow™ until the wheel shrinks.
- Release the stylus, pen, or finger from the TouchWindow™ and continue this procedure for each spinning wheel that appears.
- Once the calibration process is complete, close the TSharc Calibration window.