- Audible Alarms - Actively let you know if the unit is on battery, if the battery is low, or if there is an overload condition.
- Automatic Diagnostic Testing - Automatic testing of all internal components every 14 days, including the battery, ensures APC Back-UPS CS is ready when you need it.
- Easy Overload Recovery - Push-button circuit breaker instead of a standard fuse, eliminates the need to return the unit to the factory for service.
- First USB and Serial USB - Ships with an USB cable, but user can mail in for a serial cable for Windows 95, 98, and 2000.
- Internet Ready: Protection for Fax/Modem Connection - Protects internal and external modems, your motherboard and other system components with fax/modem line surge protection. (APC Back-UPS 500 and APC Back-UPS 650 models only)
- Lifetime Equipment Protection - Even Covers Lightning! - APC is the only manufacturer that guarantees its products will protect your properly connected equipment from lightning strikes for life. Should surge damage occur, APC will repair or replace up to listed value.
- Multipath Protection - With dedicated outlets for computer, monitor and peripherals everything is safe from the threat of bad power.
- Site Wiring Fault Indicator - Immediately warns you of wiring problems like improper grounds that could cause shocks or prevent the UPS from adequately suppressing surges. (120V units only)
- User-renewable UPS System - With normal use, a UPS battery will last three to six years. APC renewable UPS systems eliminate the need for factory service and loss of protection by letting you replace batteries for a fraction of the cost of a new UPS.
- Visual Alarms - Actively lets you know if the unit is online, on battery, overloaded or if it is time to replace the battery.